WORKSHOP on ISLAMIC FINANCIAL INNOVATIONS (ICIFI 2015)
Turin, ITALY, October 21st – 22nd October 2015
Professor Paolo Pietro BIANCONE (University of Turin, ITALY)
Click here for further information
Click here to download the workshop conference
Turin is easily attainable with any mean, and it is ideal to reach in brief time and with convenience of means and lines of transport all the tourists destinations of the province.
BY AIR: Turin International Airport is one of the most important resources for Turin's communications and the main point of access for those coming from within Italy or abroad; as well as the main Italian cities, the range of departures includes the UK, Ireland, France, Germany, Spain, Belgium, Rumania, Turkey, Portugal, Malta and Morocco.The airport is within easy reach of the city both by car because of a fast-flowing motorway feeder road connected to the North Ring Road (Tangenziale Nord), and by public transport on Sadem buses or by the GTT train. Lastly, at Collegno, the Aeritalia Airport, used solely for tourist flights and flying school.
BY TRAIN: Trains to all the main Italian stations and more: Barcelona, Lyons, Paris, and then all the Swiss, Austrian, German and East European destinations that require just one change of train. Every day hundreds of thousands of travellers arrive and leave from Turin, almost 200,000 just at the Porta Nuova station, Italy's third by passenger volume. Next down is Porta Susa station, which is refurbished so as to make it the city's main station for domestic and international travel. A drive towards innovation has been made by the arrival of High Speed trains, inaugurated in 2006: Frecciarossa trains connecting Turin-Milan-Bologna-Rome-Naples-Salerno; Italo's High Speed train service connects the line Turin-Salerno, stops in Milan, Bologna, Florence, Rome and Naples.
BY CAR: Turin and the major motorways of the rest of Italy are strictly linked, thanks to tunnels and mountain passes which allow to reach France and Switzerland.For those who come from the North-East of Italy (Lombardia, Veneto, Trentino, Alto Adige, Friuli Venezia Giulia) and abroad, the main motorways to take are: the A4 Torino - Trieste and the A21 Torino - Brescia. For those who come from Liguria or South of France, the recommended motorway is the A6 Torino - Savona. Links between regions of the Centre and the South of Italy are guaranteed by motorways which through the East and the West coast of the peninsula and of the centre.For those who come from France and Switzerland, tunnels and motorways to take are rispectively:
- A32 Torino - Bardonecchia, passing through the Frejus tunnel (you arrive in France, Chambéry direction);
- A5 Torino - Aosta passing through the Mont Blanc tunnel (after having crossed the tunnel, you arrive in France, you have to going on to Switzerland and finally you arrive in Geneva) or the A5 Torino - Aosta and the Strada Statale 27 passing through the Gran San Bernardo tunnel (you directly reach Switzerland.
For further information on road conditions, traffic, weather and tolls, you can visite this website: http://www.autostrade.it
Another website which provide you information on motorways is http://www.viamichelin.it
The entire workshop will take place in the premises of the School of Management and Economics C/so Unione Sovietica 218 bis 10134 Torino
HOW TO REACH US
- From the airport "Sandro Pertini" of Caselle: Service of shuttle every 30min from the airport to the central station (Porta Nuova), then to take the streetcar number 4 and to go down to "Montevideo."
- From the central station (Porta Nuova): take the streetcar number 4 and to go down to “Montevideo”
BY TAXI: From the airport "Sandro Pertini" of Caselle; Caselle is far 15 Km from the center (the cost is around 40 €).
TIMING: The workshop will start on October 21st around 8.30 am and will be around 5 pm on the following day.
The Workshop is programmed to be in correlation and following to the Turin Islamic Economic Forum (TIFF) 2015 (http://www.tief2015.org) that will be held in Turin 19th and 20th October, 2015.
On the 19th and 20th of October 2015 will be held the second edition of the Turin Islamic Economic Forum, which aims to address the issue of the Islamic finance and more generally of Islamic economics at the national and European level and the development opportunities for the benefit of the investments in the territory. The forum will bring in Turin some of the most important players operating in the field of finance and economics in the Arab-Islamic countries.
Conference CentreVia Nino Costa 8, 10123 Torino
HOW TO REACH US
FROM THE AIRPORT Caselle: - Torino International Airport is 16 km away from the city and it is connected to Torino by way of a ring road and a thick network of motorways that allow easy access to the city center Torino is easily accessible from the airport by bus, taxi and train. (For more information: http://www.aeroportoditorino.it/it/passeggeri_it/trasporti_it.html)
FROM MOTORWAYS: Torino Incontra is easily accessible from a number of motorways: A4 Torino-Milano-Venezia; A5 Torino-Ivrea-Aosta; A6 Torino-Fossano-Ceva-Savona; A21 Torino-Asti-Alessandria-Piacenza; A32 Torino-Frejus-(Francia)
The public parking adjacent Piazzale Valdo Fusi with 500 car space.
- See more at: http://www.torinoincontra.org/pages/Come_raggiungerci_dalle_autostrade_en/219#sthash.VSkCyIqo.dpuf
FROM RAILWAY STATIONS: The following railway stations are currently operating:
- From Porta Nuova railway station is only a 10 minute-walk. Turn right in C.so Vittorio Emanuele once out of the station, walk as far as the crossroad with Via San Francesco da Paola, turn left walk as far as Valdo Fusi square where, on the left, you will find the Conference Centre in Via Nino Costa. By taxi 5 minutes.
- From Porta Susa railway station is a 30 minute-walk. Once out of the station take Via Cernaia go as far as P.zza Solferino then straight ahead to Via Santa Teresa and as far as Via San Francesco da Paola, then turn right and go along as far as P.zza Valdo Fusi where on the right you will find the Conference Centre in Via Nino Costa. By taxi 15 minutes.
- See more at: http://www.torinoincontra.org/pages/Come_raggiungerci_dalle_stazion_en/220#sthash.lDQaFd3a.dpuf
The local organizers have negotiated special rates and conditions. See more at:
Participants who would like to benefit from their residence in Turin to attend the following events:
1) To attend Turin Islamic Economic Forum TIEF 2015: 19th and 20th of October 2015
2) To visit Expo Milano 2015. It is only 30 minutes by train.